OH&S claims can come about when you least expect it. To ensure that your workplace is in order you need to be aware of everything that could have the potential in finding your business in trouble.
It is always important to be aware of common causes of slips and trips and these include:
- objects lying on the floor;
- a slippery floor surface
- loose flooring;
- view of the floor obscured
- power cords across the floor
- unsuitable footwear
What are some of the simple controls to help to reduce the risk?
- Do a walk through and identify and remove the trip hazard ie a box
- Note the common sites where slippage occurs
- limit the number of people accessing a high-risk area
- can visibility be improved, perhaps better lighting or clearer markings
- signs for workers & visitors
- PPE (personal protective equipment)
Summary: It’s often the little things that make a difference when it comes to OHS.