Christmas is such a busy time for the year and with all that is going on you need to also keep in mind what days constitute public holidays. And most importantly you need to make sure that you pay your staff the right rates at the right times!
- Monday 24th December 2018: Christmas Eve – from 7pm onwards public holiday (SA and NT only)
- Tuesday 25th December 2018: Christmas Day – National Public Holiday
- Wednesday 26th December 2018: Boxing Day/ Proclamation Day (SA) – National Public Holiday
- Monday 31st December 2018: New Year’s Eve – from 7pm onwards public holiday (SA and NT only)
- Tuesday 1st January 2019: New Year’s Day – National Public Holiday
- Monday 28th January 2019: Australia Day Public Holiday – National Public Holiday
NB: Saturday 26th January 2019 is NOT a public holiday – regular Saturday penalty rates apply. Monday 28th January 2019 is the public holiday observation day, and public holiday rates apply for this day.
If you are unsure of what this means for your business, or if you need any assistance around pay rates and guides, give us a call or fill out this form and one of our HR Specialists will help you get it sorted
1300 717 721
If you would like a look ahead further into the year, visit: https://www.fairwork.gov.au/leave/public-holidays/list-of-public-holidays/list-of-public-holidays-2019